Tuesday, July 3, 2012

An Update Concerning Pictures and My Personal Status

I have failed to explain why uploading pictures has been such a slow process.  To begin with, the slideshow on this page was not as easy to add pictures to as I expected.  So, I created a flickr page (accessible on the left column) to show my pictures from.  However uploading pictures to my flickr photo stream is an extremely slow process with the poor internet connection that I typically have.  Since becoming more comfortable in my surrounding neighborhood, I have learned about more internet spots which has led me to my current location at a swanky tourist hotel.  Sitting in the ground level lounge, I am on the threshold that divides the inside lounge from the outside lounge, the latter which is ornamented with posh black wicker chairs holding dark orange cushions for both comfort and added decor.  Beyond the lounge lays a lush golf course with Tanzania's most beautiful trees planted in the most aesthetically pleasing positions for visitors.  The drink menu is a nightmare for people like me who cannot make decisions easily when it comes to ordering (so instead of spending countless minutes debating between drinks I have not yet tried, I surpassed the menu and ordered the consistent Chai Masala, served in a ceramic white pot with a plate of peanuts- all of this which only adds more sophistication to this luxurious setting).  

This is all a bit too much for me and I would rather not be sitting in such unnecessary comfort, but seeing that I need a strong wireless connection, I allow myself this privilege and upload the pictures as well as take time to answer emails that I have let pile up in my inbox (sorry, Mom).  Being at this hotel only reminds me of the different world that awaits for me when I fly back in August.  However, I am not yet ready to return to this world and am grateful for the five and half weeks of my stay in Tanzania that remain.  

As for the pictures- they have not been organized in the best possible way due to my rush in uploading, and the photo names may not be helpful for you to understand where they were taken.  So the order from the most recently uploaded pictures to the earliest goes as follows:
            - A hike to a waterfall on Sunday 07/01
            - Tarangire National Park (aka Safari) from my first weekend here
            - Kilimanjaro day hike from the second weekend
            - Village teaching in Engalaoni- my second week of teaching
            - Teaching at Integrity school - my first week of teaching
            - Various picture of the main office, my homestay, and the hostel I stayed at for my first few days 

I hope this helps to explain some of the pictures!  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment